last update: 19 July 2014
Download link: https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/demomentsomtres-language.zip
Plugin page at WordPress.org: http://wordpress.org/plugins/demomentsomtres-language/
DeMomentSomTres Language allows to have different instances of a blog using different languages on a network installation.
Using WordPress multisite install you can have a web instance for every language allowing specific SEO and sales strategies based on language.
It allows to change from a content to its translations via easy links.
- Language configuration.
- Automatic language selection based on browser preferred language.
- Every content can be linked to all its translations on other instances.
- Translatable content types defined in settings.
- Language links can be presented via 'the_content' filter or using shortcodes and widgets.
- Body class customization based on language.
History & raison d'être
In 2011 we needed a multilanguage plugin allowing: * Content translation. * Integration with WordPress SEO by Yoast. * Different communication and SEO strategies based on language. * Automatic language selection based on browser language.
As we didn't find it, we decided to implement it and use it.
The recommended usage mode (supose required languages catalan and english) is having 3 instances of WordPress:
- Landing site configured in landing mode in order to redirect the users based on their languages preferences. For instance http://demomentsomtres.com/
- Catalan site with catalan language set. Example address http://demomentsomtres.com/catala/
- English site with englis language set and default site mark. Example address http://demomentsomtres.com/english/
When you're writting a content, a metabox whit the candidate translations is shown in order to link a component with all its translations.
Tags: multilanguage, network, seo
You can get support via WordPress forums or via comments in this page.